According to the Canadian Cancer Society, almost 40 – 45 % Canadian will develop some form of cancer during their lifetime.
Weakened immune systems, poor liver function, lack of exercise, increased exposure to environmental toxins, obesity, heavy alcohol consumption, use of hormones, heavy consumption of food additives and high levels of stress can all contribute to the development of the disease. It is time for us to readjust our lifestyle.
Common food and herbs that could help to fight cancer are as follows:
- Sweet potatoes especially the purple ones rank the highest in fighting cancer
- Beets, asparagus, cauliflower, kale, watercress, cabbage and broccoli are all healthy foods rated high on the list of cancer patient diets
- Citrus fruits are also recommended
- Herbs such as rosemary, oregano and garlic
Workable Lifestyle Suggestions
- Take Vitamin D3 or try to catch some sunshine, this Vitamin helps to fuel your natural healing response
- Turmeric can help to limit the growth of blood vessels and thereby reducing the growth of tumors
- Iodine deficiency also causes tumor growth, so try to consume iodine-rich foods; normally found in plants harvested from the sea.
- Extracts from some traditional Chinese mushrooms containing PSP and AHCC could stimulate the body to produce more cancer fighting cells.
- Build a healthier immune system with Reishi.
- Consider regular fruits or vegetable detox programs
- The liver loves greens, so keep your liver healthy and help it work towards detoxifying your body.
- Occasionally drink dandelion tea to keep your liver drained of toxins; be very careful if you have bile duct blockage problems.
- Use stainless steel cookware instead of non-stick PTEE materials
- Reduce sugar and starch intake, cancer cells feed on glucose in your blood. Diabetics should control their blood sugar level to reduce the high risk of developing cancer
- Drink green tea with purified water
- Relax and stay positive!